|Priority Issue(s):||Ecosystem Integration , Habitat Conservation|
|Host Partner(s):||Apalachicola Reserve , Grand Bay Reserve , Weeks Bay Reserve|
|Location:||NEW LOCATION! American Red Cross at 35 N Sage Ave, Mobile, AL 36607|
|Date/Time:||1/9/2014 – 1/10/2014|
This is a one and a half day workshop that will take place Jan 9th from 8:30-5:00 and Jan 10th from 8:30 to 12:30.
This workshop offers restoration professionals valuable knowledge, skills, and tools to enhance your ability to design targeted projects that have a greater chance of achieving success.
This interactive, one and a half day workshop will be taught by instructors from NOAA’s Coastal Services Center. This workshop is not intended to present the components of ecological restoration, but rather a project planning framework that will increase restoration project success.
Download Workshop Agenda: Restoration_PDE_Agenda 2014
Download Workshop Flyer: Coastal Restoration Project Design and Evaluation flyer
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain how restoration project design and evaluation support agency and organization missions, strategic plans, and established program niches.
- Identify and communicate measurable project outcomes.
- Demonstrate how logic models can be applied to restoration project design and evaluation.
- Identify meaningful performance indicators as a part of project evaluation.
- Assess types and levels of evaluation that can be applied to restoration projects.
Mitigation Bank Managers, Natural Resource Managers, State and Federal Agency Personnel, Wetland Professionals and Consultants.
A $15 registration fee is required for this course. Lunch will be included on the full day of class. Payments can be made by check, credit card, or purchase order.
Contact Larissa Graham, Coastal Training Coordinator at Grand Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve at 228-475-7047 or email her OR contact Mike Shelton, Coastal Training Coordinator at Weeks Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve at 251-928-9792 or by email.