|Topic(s):||Climate Change , Floodplain Management , Science Communication , Stakeholder Engagement , Stormwater Management , Wetland Protection|
|Priority Issue(s):||Community Resilience|
|Host Partner(s):||Apalachicola Reserve|
|Location:||Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve 108 Island Drive, Eastpoint, Florida|
Tuesday, November 10th, 2015
You can download a flyer here: FEMA FIRM workshop for Professionals 2015
· Shawn Tinsley National Corporate Training Manager Wright Flood Insurance
· Betty Ryals, Wright Flood Insurance, Regional Sales Manager
· Amy Kelly, Franklin County Zoning Floodplain Administrator
· Steve Martin, State Flood Plain Manager, Bureau of Mitigation, FL Division of Emergency Management
-Overview of FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM), Biggert Waters Act 2012 & the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act 2014
-Understanding flood maps, zone definitions, where to find help.
– How changes impact construction in Franklin and Gulf counties
– Substantial Improvement/damage, 50 % rule
– What qualifies as a historic structure?
– How to improve rating and increase savings on insurance.
-Upcoming changes at the state level
Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve
108 Island Drive, Eastpoint, Florida
Who Should Attend?
Real estate professionals, building trades, architects, citizen board members including planning & zoning board, CRA, local mitigation strategy members. This workshop is focused on professional, however, others may also participate.
No Cost — FREE!!
For more info contact Anita Grove at (850) 670-7708 or Anita.Grove@dep.state.fl.us