Changing water levels are affecting our coastal communities and natural systems. This course provides tools and hands-on exercises to support resources managers build skills and knowledge that can be applied to their work in tidally-influenced environments. The course will cover the following concepts:
- Explore vertical datums and how they relate to one another when working with water level data.
- Identify sources of error in water level data and importance of sensor stability for quality data.
- Explore water level data case studies, tools and applications.
- Perform tidal datum computations to generate water level highs and lows and tidal datums.
- Produce inundation statistical to support marsh management restoration activities.
LOCATION: Grand Bay NERR in Moss Point, MS 39562
DATE and TIME: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 8:30am-4:30pm.
LUNCH PROVIDED BY GBNERR!
To register, please visit: https://waterlevel-grandbaynerr.eventbrite.com
Download the flyer by clicking on the image below: